Amaysing Thoughts is about the Mays Family unwillingness to let a daughter's/sister's death go unresolved and let her husband get away with murder.

Saturday, December 13, 2025

Movie Thoughts

I am the girl that watched shows and movies believing the plots were realistic possibilities.

Movies like Gidget where Sandra Dee the innocent gets Moondoggie who is really not the dumb surfer bum but the intelligent college guy whom "pins" her at the end of the movie.

My favorite quote from the movie is when Gidget's mother reads her the quote from the sampler her grandmother made hanging on the wall.  "To be a real woman is to bring out the best in a man."

Gidget did just that with her crush, Moondoggie, along with othet lessons learned that summer which showed him he was more than just a surf bum.  Gidget teaching herself to surf via a book along with trial and error, her perseverance matched with her unwillingness to be defeated.  

How could anyone not love Gidget?  She taught me a lot.  I have too many similarities to Sandra Dee even down to Grease and Sandy being prim and proper.  Falling for the bad boy turn track letterman.  Common themes that identify with the female lead characters.  

Dirty Dancing, Baby (Francis), who wants to see the good in everyone only to discover there is so much ugly in the world.  Believing in people is something I do and I have discovered more ugly than I ever wished to see.  

When Harry met Sally, where Sally is a mess which is me 99% of the time.  Harry and his flipping flopping ideals believing in things only to evolve his thoughts over time.  The two being supposedly the opposite of each other's perfect match only to realize they are in fact perfect together.  Her and her overly organized,  analytical pickyness perfectly matched with his overly generalized pessimistic outlook with his sarcasm and wit.  They drove each other crazy enough to never want to be without each other.  

This plot is only in the movies.  There is not Harry to my Sally.  Johnny to my Baby. No Danny to my Sandy and no Moondoggie to my Gidget.  There is just me.

I have watched some of my old favorites but noticed there is a change.  I don't feel the same optimism I once had when watching.  There is no fairy tale ending.  You can try to bring out the best in people but the ending changes.  They take what you give and walk away with it.  Often without notice they just leave.  

You can try so hard and it makes no difference at all and it can just break you.  You can be persistent and unwavering and help everyone around you.  That doesn't mean anyone notices you.  

I am not the main character in anyone's eyes just a supporting role.  A byline in someone's references but never part of the main idea.  Often simply uncredited for the role I took.  

Watching my old favorites is actually sad because I feel like I lost something over time.  Younger me watched with hope and wishes.  The Older, post sister's murder and divorced self watches with no hope or thoughts of what could be.  I see everything as pretend and leading me to see all the flaws.  

I wish I didn't loose the optimism, joy, and hope.  I wish I could see possibilities not deadends.  I honestly never thought this was something I could lose but now that it is gone I can't imagine it ever coming back.  

I am different and it doesn't seem for the better.  I have said time and time again, "If something can go wrong it will go wrong and it is going to go wrong for me now."  

This holds true more than anything.  If I have everything going wrong then it makes sense for me to keep to myself.  No one needs the negative that seems to follow me.  I just wish it didnt affect how I see my beloved movies and shows.  Remembering how I used to feel watching and then the current way it makes me feel is just sad.  That girl didn't deserve to lose all she lost.  She was, "To pure to be Pink."  

Fact... Katrina is derived from Katherine of Greek origin which means.... Pure

Amaysing Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fill the Silence

The girls have said, "What is going to happen when we leave and go to college?  Who will fill the silence?  You will be alo...